Who we are
We are committed to ensuring that your privacy is protected. Should we ask you to provide certain information by which you can be identified when using this website, then you can be assured that it will only be used in accordance with this privacy statement.
We may change this policy from time to time by updating this page. You should check this page from time to time to ensure that you are happy with any changes. This policy is effective from 00:00 hours on 01/04/2016.
What we collect
We may collect the following information via this website:
- Any personal details you type in and submit, such as name, address, email address, etc.
- Your IP address (this is your computer’s individual identification number) which is automatically logged by our web server. This is used to note your interest in our web site.
- Your preferences and use of email updates, recorded by emails we send you (if you select to receive email updates on products and offers).
- Session information stored in cookies, these do not include any personal information and are used to ensure the correct data is extracted from the database when using our interactive systems.
- Under no circumstances will we hold sensitive payment details such as your card number, expiry date and security code.
What we do with the information we gather
Any personal information we collect from this web site will be used in accordance with the Data Protection Act 1998 and other applicable laws. The details we collect will be used:
- To deal with your enquiry, to provide after-contact service;
- To comply with legal requirements.
- We may need to pass the information we collect to other companies for administrative purposes. We may use third parties to carry out certain activities, such as processing and sorting data, monitoring how customers use our site and issuing our e-mails for us. Rest assured that third parties will not be allowed to use your personal information for their own purposes.
We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. In order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure, we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect online.
A cookie is a small file which asks permission to be placed on your computer’s hard drive. Once you agree, the file is added and the cookie helps analyse web traffic or lets you know when you visit a particular site. Cookies allow web applications to respond to you as an individual. The web application can tailor its operations to your needs, likes and dislikes by gathering and remembering information about your preferences.
You can choose to accept or decline cookies. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually modify your browser setting to decline cookies if you prefer. This may prevent you from taking full advantage of the website. Further information can be found by viewing our Cookies Policy.
Links to other websites
Our website may contain links to other websites of interest. However, once you have used these links to leave our site, you should note that we do not have any control over that other website. Therefore, we cannot be responsible for the protection and privacy of any information which you provide whilst visiting such sites and such sites are not governed by this privacy statement. You should exercise caution and look at the privacy statement applicable to the website in question.
Controlling your personal information
You can ask us to update or remove your personal information by emailing email@example.com or by writing to us at our customer services address below. However, please note that we may need to keep some personal data in order to process your enquiry or to comply with customer service or after sale obligations.
You also have the right to request a copy of any personal information we hold about you. To do this, simply write to us at the following address, enclosing a cheque for £10 payable to Trace Debt Recovery UK Limited to cover our administration costs: Data Subject Requests, Trace Debt Recovery UK Limited, PO Box 1448, Northampton, NN2 1DW.
If you have received a Parking Charge Notice that has been issued by an operator that is a member of the British Parking Association’s (‘BPA’) Approved Operator Scheme, by law we are required to inform you that Ombudsman Services (www.ombudsman-services.org) provides an alternative dispute resolution service that would be competent to deal with your appeal. However, the BPA have chosen not to participate in their alternative dispute resolution service. As such should you wish to appeal then you must do so to POPLA (www.popla.co.uk). POPLA is available to you once you have exhausted the operator’s internal appeals process and are in receipt of a valid POPLA verification code.